Saturday, April 18, 2009

Best wishes from Joy

First, a little something for the big brother. My girls have these and they're great to use in the car and to grab when you're going somewhere and need them to be entertained. Congratulations, Max, on the upcoming arrival of your baby brother and sister. We all know that you will be a wonderful big brother.Next, a few necessities. A crib sheet, bib for baby girl, and washcloths.
Then, another crib sheet and a couple of burp cloths.

OK...really I was going to try to post before Kristi and Hannah because I just cannot compete with their wit. I can't believe I had to follow directly behind Kristi. My post is not as entertaining to read, but it's every bit as sincere.
Jennifer, I remember walking out of my first appointment pregnant with Essie, thanking God that all seemed to be well with her, and immediately praying for you and Don. My appointment and your appointment for your procedure were the same day. I have been thrilled to follow you through this pregnancy and honored to have been able to pray for you and to be a part of this wonderful shower. Congratulations and best wishes.
Joy







5 comments:

  1. Awwm those were sweet words Joy! And a great gift. My little ones love those Crayola things too! They are the BEST coloring invention for children.

    Cute gifts for the babies too Joy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, what a beautiful post. I love the Crayola set...I think I am going to put that on my wish list for my 40th birthday in August :) Seriously though, my boys would love that set and I am sure Max will too.

    What great gifts.

    This is one of the best showers I have ever been too. I am enjoying my coffee and seeing all the great gifts and sentiments for Jennifer and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, you really are so sweet! I remember you checking in on me after my procedure and I remember appreciating it so much...still do! I just like to think that Essie is our good luck charm. :)

    I tell you what, do you know Max or what??? He is in a major coloring phase right now and will sit at the kitchen counter for an hour just coloring. He will LOVE this! I've never seen this either - looks so handy to have. Thank you so much!

    Listen, I have spent all morning going through the nursery and we can definitely use some necessities so thank you! I was so anal about changing Max's crib sheet and I hated to see slobber stains so I need a lot of them so I'm not constantly washing - you've saved me from doing extra laundry!

    And how many many burp clothes do you think two babies will need...A LOT! Thanks also for the washcloths and the bib - so cute!

    Is that Kristi a nut or what? Don't you worry about following her post...it would take a lot of medication to be able to compete with that. Only kidding, Kristi!!! :)

    Thanks again, Joy. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog and also can't wait for your new business to get started - something tells me I'll be perusing that site quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOY! That was the sweetest post. I love what you wrote. You are always so thoughtful. That is really cool what you got Max, too. I'll have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy, you are so thoughtful all the time. I remember when you sent me a gift when I found out I was pregnant the same time you did! That was really nice and a great gift you got Jennifer too!

    ReplyDelete