Friday, April 17, 2009

Hello! Come On In...


Well, hello there! Come on in, girls and FBIL. Welcome to Jennifer's baby shower. Let me take your purses, and you can place your gift over by the fireplace and then go find a comfortable seat. Wow! What a great turn out! Thank you all for coming! Jennifer will be so excited.

Now, I am horrible with names. Since most of us have never met each other, would you mind putting on one of these silly stickers?




So, let's get right down to the real reason we all came today: Good Shower Food! Just kidding, we all know we're here to celebrate Jennifer and her two sweet babies. But, since we are celebrating Jennifer, we thought we'd "serve" some of her favorites~ Cheesecake Cookie Dough ice cream, compliments of Cold Stone Creamery! (Keep your peepers open. The good 'ol Pony Express will be serving yours to you shortly). For your beverage today, we are replacing your traditional punch, with cherry slushies from Sonic~ Jennifer's new pregnancy drink. And, we have a fresh batch of warm pie crust in the kitchen for Jennifer to munch on while she open your gifts. (Click here for an explanation on this. Read #7.)

Who's up for a game?! Everyone take a pen and a piece of paper. There is a great doorprize for the winner:










Okay, all silliness aside, Jennifer we are all so happy for you, Don, and sweet little Max. So many prayers have been said for you as you and Don prepared for this pregnancy and now as you carry your babies to as close to term as possible. We, your blog friends, are so excited to celebrate you this weekend.

So lets start opening presents! Who's going to be first?

8 comments:

  1. I want a piece of that cake SO bad. I told Danny last night that I needed to drive up to Sarasota today, to the Cold Stone Creamery~ its about 45 minutes from our house. He laughed and told me there is a Carvel Ice Cream shop just up the street. It's just not the same Dan, it's just not the same.

    Happy shower weekend Jennfer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I could go for some cake, too! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRLS!!!! I had every intention of getting on my computer early this morning, but my son got up THREE times last night and I ended up sleeping in later than normal and then had to take Max to school.

    But, you guys are so hilarious and so sweet...what a great combination! Cheesecake cookie dough, cherry slush, pie crust...you guys really do listen to what I write. HAHA What a fun shower I'm going to have this weekend so thank you sooooo much!!! I've got my pj's on with a glass of tea beside me...gotta get to opening my gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great shower with some good food! I am having a blast. THANK YOU for the party favor Reber girls. I will definately be at Cold Stone tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to my piece of the pie! Yummy, yummy! This is so much fun! You Reber girls are creative! Big applause to you all!

    Happy Showering Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just received my party favor in the mail today and it was great. What a neat idea. Perhaps I should take the Mothr-to-be with me as she might need an extra dip or two. I am making pies for tomorrow, so I suppose I should go ahead and make Jennifer an extra crust. After all, it will not be noticed on her at all...it is just flour, water and Crisco and the babies will love a little extra padding to sleep on. I have a feeling she will be working all those little pads off very quickly when those little ones arrive. Hopefully, we will get to meet all of you. Would love to have everyone come after the babies arrive. I'll cook....you girls can talk and hold the babies. We'll just turn all the other kids into the backyard and they can play in the treehouse. Thanks again for your kindness to Jennifer and your love and prayers for her and the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been out and about allllll day and just remembered TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!!!! This shower is GREAT. Thanks for inviting me and the spready is YUM YUM YUM DELICIOSO (as Dora would say). I'm excited to see everyone's gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. Dunn we might just take you up on that offer. BUT, I for sure will NOT bring all my chillins--way too much chaos! That may be a weekend when they need to get to know their daddy better. A weekend for me to be freeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete