Sunday, April 19, 2009

Move over girls!

Move over girls - FBIL is on the blog! Gird your loins and prepare yourself, I have the perfect baby shower gifts for my new niece and nephew. A tremendous amount of research was conducted to determine the character and interests of these two gifts that God is giving to Jennifer, Don & Max and soon to be their FU . . . . Favorite Uncle!


Fortunately, my research led me to a Christmas card that Jennifer sent out early in my relationship with the Dunn family. I was instantly reassured that this was a good family and my future as their FBIL was secure. It also gave me the clues as to the certain interest these two babies will have.


Isn't Jennifer a studette!


Well, with the idea firmly planted in my brain, I went on a mission. My quest was to provide the ideal accessories to my future hunting buddies. I think you'll agree I have succeeded! Now your sister, Shari, started to squabble with me on some of these gifts, but I just told her that she could do her part once the babies actually arrived, but for now, this is MY post and MY gift!

With my long range planning, I realized that these babies would need Halloween costumes and not just any Halloween costumes. They needed something that would define them as the true niece and nephew of a big game hunter - ME! There's no better costume than that of a young doe and a young buck. (Just be careful in case Dick Cheney's out there!)
My two vicious hunting dogs, Smokey & the Bandit, wanted to give these here booties to my new niece & nephew. I think you can figure out which one goes to which.



Now, here's two pacifiers for yer kiddos. Most people think you should use these when the babies are cryin, but not with me. These here pacifiers are fur when yore sittin' in a deer blind and you can't make a sound. These'll plug up those cryin babies like nothin at all!




The greatest thrill in the world is when you pull the trigger and bring a buck down. We celebrate by thowin' our underwear onto the horns. These here baby britches will help us celebrate the big 'un that we're sure to shoot together!



Now , I know you are a probably a little skeered for me to take these babies out with me to the deer lease. But I'm committed to teachin' them how to be a good safe hunter. And since they'll need a lot of practice along the way, I'm including in this here gift, a Lifetime Membership to the Lodge at Lost Creek, the world's best deer lease. Aint' no other gift come close to this one - that's why I waited to the end so that I could really surprise you.

Your sister, Shari, said that once the babies arrive, she'll send you her gift, but for now, I hope you can git over the shock and awe of FBIL's love for these here babies that will be a part of my family.

19 comments:

  1. FBIL! There you are! We have all been patiently waiting all weekend for YOU to post. You did not dissapoint at all. I laughed the whole way through it! I loved the dialect you chose to write in, too:)

    Love the gifts. The costumes are hilarious and those pacies are really cool---seriously! My husband is a HUGE hunter, too, so he would appreciate your hobby and the gifts.

    Get a blog, FBIL. You'd have an instant following. Oh, and I love the new name for you: FU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh FBIL! You made it! We were getting worried about you. But something told us you would come in with a grand appearance right at the tail end.

    LOVE the post. Great verbage!

    LOVE the gifts. Love the baby britches!(I laughed at that one.)
    Love Dick Cheney, but laughing at that part of the post, poor Dick!

    You did well FBIL, very well. But, I must say, you've gotta be an old softy with sweet dogs like Smokey and the Bandit. I was expecting Blood Hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, my loins are definitely girded. Oh, and watch your langauage (FU)...this is a family friendly blog!

    Secondly, I must say that I don't remember registering at Bass Pro Shops. That's so strange. Regardless, FBIL got my babies some good stuff!

    I love those Halloween costumes...seriously, I really do! And the pacifiers, baby booties, baby britches...so cute. I see some GREAT photo ops coming up with all this gear.

    Now, about the models. They're very cute but do you realize that we now all know that you put your animals on your kitchen counter? Nothing like a little dog hair mixed in with that lasagna you just made.

    Well, FBIL (Eric) you have come through for me and for my blog friends. We've been eagerly anticipating your post and, of course, you waited to be the grand finale! You done good, you done good!

    Oh, and tell Shari thank you too...something tells me she had A LOT to do with these gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay...I think I am skeered of FU aka: fbil.
    I love it when men show up for baby showers. Tooo funny! and I love the models...those are some high paid models...WOW! Great gifts and had a good laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost forget!
    For the full effect of my blog turn down that silly baby music and crank up some Lynyrd Skynyrd "Sweet Home Alabama" YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Home Alabama? I thought you would have said "God Bless Texas" or something Texas-y??

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about all my ex's live in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song FBIL! An oldie but goodie!

    Funny Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another good one.

    Isn't there a fellow Texan Dixie Chick song about ex's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm very glad my SIL came through with such wonderful gifts. I was a bit surprised when I did not see two deer rifles in the gift section. I'm not sure if he thinks Don has those on hand, but I would venture to say he does not. Of course, only a Texan can really appreciate the fine details of a deer lease and deer season. When we visit, he always manages to sneak in some of that "stuff" he shoots and he thinks he has us all fooled. I, however, manager to get very ill when I know he is going to cook up something fancy and that leaves my dear husband to do all the tasting. I also am surprised some of the other BIL's have not taken on the challenge to take him down. Guess they know it would be a tough "road to hoe" right Eric? Let's get that blog going. You are a great SIL and a real inspiration to all of us. I don't think anyone in the family can shoot the bull.......I mean deer like you do.
    Love you,
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fa-Bill, Fa-Bill, Fa-Bill......you made our night. I am proud of you for going for it and entertaining all of us catty women. Way to be a sport. First of all, let me commend you on your great English. I see Shari has lerned you as guud as she dun us when we had her fer English.

    When I first started reading and saw the first few gifts, I thought to myself, "Where did he shop....Bass Pro???" and then I saw the pacifiers from Bass Pro. HILARIOUS!!! Who would've thought to shop for a baby shower at Bass Pro Shop. Shari, does Fa-Bill shop for your anniversary and birthday gifts there?
    Something tells me that Shari didn't get her gift there.

    I love the camo britches with the lace sewn on them. Such a feminine touch. Fa-Bill, I think you should donate one of your stuffed deer heads for Jennifer to display in her nursery. That would be GREAT!!!!! Right Jennifer?

    Yes, FBIL...you have my vote for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Walking Mom!
    That's FSIL to you! Just like Snoop Dog.
    Those two yungins' will git thier guns shur nuf once they have passed the huntir safety corse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enough of this FBIL hogwash. Smitty is just about fed up with it. After this Sunday, Smitty will definitely be the FBIL -- he doesn't know it yet, but he will be at Jennifer's house hanging pictures, shelves, curtain rods, etc. Top that, bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jennifer, when should I come over to fix what Smitty tried to install?
    I love a little competition and Jennifer will love it even more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As George Jones would sing, "And the race is on and here comes Smitty on the backstretch and Eric on the inside, ........"
    My house is next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Jennifer!
    I don't know if you have names picked out yet but I've got a couple of great suggestions........ready?.......
    BUCK and BAMBI
    don't ya love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay this post for sure has received the most comments. I love reading all this
    Dunn/Clardy/Smith/Krueger banter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too love reading these comments and what a HILARIOUS post! I think FBIL won fur shur! I think you need to start a blog too FBIL. You could give some good hunting techniques on it and before long, you'd have all kinds of male followers! hahaha!

    Love your new name too. Great gifts and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome Gifts, FBIL! Great job! Looks like your place as FU is secure!!!

    ReplyDelete